Catholic ceremonies are performed exclusively in Spanish at Saint Stanislaus Church in Altos de Chavón. Ceremonies of other religions may be performed at other locations throughout the resort, but they will not be allowed in the church.
- Valid passport for bride and groom
- Birth certificate for bride and groom
- Baptism certificate for bride and groom
- Communion certificate for bride and groom
- Confirmation certificate for bride and groom
- A pre-nuptial certificate indicating you have received instructions from the Church; certificate indicating that both parties are legally single individuals (one required for both bride and groom)
- If widowed, a copy of the death certificate
- If previously married, a copy of the civil marriage certificate
- If divorced, a copy of the annulment (Catholic)
- A release from your local parish (of bride and groom to be) must be submitted to the Saint Stanislaus Catholic Church authorizing your Catholic Ceremony to be performed in the Dominican Republic. The release must contain your single status and confirm that prenuptial instructions have been received at your local parish. Release must be submitted with parish seal and printed on original letterhead.
- Blood tests are NOT required in the Dominican Republic
Mixed religious marriages may be performed—the following documentation is required:
- Petition for a Canonical dispensation or permission for a mixed religion marriage. This document is provided by the Dioceses of the country where the bride and groom reside.
- Affidavit of Free Status for your non-Catholic partner
- Catholic ceremonies are performed by the priest in Spanish
- Catholic ceremonies have the same legal implications as a civil marriage
- The priest sends a copy of the act of celebration to the authorized officer of the civil state three days after the marriage to be registered in the Dominican Republic
- The bride and groom will be provided with a Canonical Marriage Certificate after the wedding
- A notarized marriage certificate will be mailed to the bride and groom as soon as it is received from the church. Please allow three-four weeks after the wedding date for the notarized certificate to be delivered by the church to the Casa de Campo wedding specialist.
- The following charges apply for notarized wedding certificates: Spanish $190USD* | English: $230USD* (price includes government tax and shipping charges)
- Your wedding specialist or the church administration must receive copies of the applicable documents a minimum of two months prior to the wedding date. Originals of all documents must be provided to the church upon your arrival.
- Copies of document must be faxed or sent via courier directly to the on-site wedding specialist.
All requested documents must be submitted at least 4 months before the wedding date, at the request of the priest.
Monday-Friday: Subject to church and priest agenda
Saturday: 5:45 p.m.
Sunday: 5:45 p.m.
Regulations for the ceremony time:
- The church will be available for one hour, beginning at the time of confirmation (for example, if the confirmed ceremony time is at 5:45 p.m., the church will be available until 6:45 p.m.).
- Casa de Campo reserves the right to change or re-schedule your ceremony time if this time slot cannot be met. Regular mass service is scheduled on Saturdays at 5:00 p.m. and Sundays at 6:00 p.m. at Saint Stanislaus Catholic Church. Please note that punctual arrival for all ceremonies is mandatory. The priest reserves the right to cancel the ceremony due to extreme delays.
- You are welcomed to celebrate your wedding with your parish priest. Requests must be submitted in writing with the Saint Stanislaus Catholic Church at least two months prior to the scheduled wedding date, along with all required ceremony documents.
- Meetings with the priest must be scheduled a minimum of two days prior to the scheduled ceremony date.
- A cash donation is expected for all Catholic ceremonies performed at the church. Please discuss this directly with the priest during your initial meeting. All donations must be presented to the church prior to your ceremonies in US dollars, in cash.
- Ceremony rehearsals will be conducted by the assigned wedding specialist, as the priest does NOT participate in the wedding rehearsal.
- A maximum of 80 guests may be accommodated inside the Saint Stanislaus Catholic Church. Catholic ceremonies over 80 guests may be performed outside the church in the Chavón Plaza with approval from the priest, and with the space confirmation that must be submitted for approval from your wedding specialist. A surcharge of $3USD/person will apply for chair set-up (white chairs with white covers). Additional charges may apply for sound system and special altar setup.
- All event venues carry a rental fee.