THE LARGEST TENNIS CENTER IN THE CARIBBEAN
Slice, serve, and find your sweet spot under the warm Caribbean sun on one of Casa de Campo Tennis Center’s 13 immaculate fast-dry Har-Tru tennis courts—that is, if the view doesn’t distract you first. Dubbed the Wimbledon of the Caribbean, the Tennis Center is the perfect place for players of all levels. With over 25 pros and junior professionals on staff beginners can learn from the best while more advanced players can brush up on their skills through private and group lessons. And with an abundance of local talent, there’s always someone available to serve up a challenging game, set, and match.
Hours: 7:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m daily
Courts may be reserved up to one month in advance, and must be made on the hour during peak times.
Reservations are required at least four hours in advance for night play.
All players must check in at the Pro Shop before entering the courts.
GAME. SET. MATCH.
|Court rental (daytime)||$35/hour|
|Court rental (evening after 6:00 p.m.)||$45/hour|
|Private lesson with Tennis Director||$150/hour|
|Private lesson with Tennis Pro||$80/hour|
|Semi-private lesson with Tennis Pro (2 people)||$100/hour|
|Group Clinic (minimum 3 people)||$35/person/hour (one hour)|
|Kids Clinic (minimum 3 children)||$25/person/hour (one hour)|
|Ball boys||RD$200/hour (cash only)|
Please note: All rates are in USD and include taxes. Rates are subject to change.
JUNIOR TENNIS ACADEMY
DESIGNED TO TRAIN CHILDREN AND YOUNG ADULTS TO PLAY THEIR BEST MATCH
Kids ages 5 and up, will take part in programs of varied skill levels, encouraging them to reach and master each stage of leraning efficiently and always to their skill set. The goal is to develop a deep understanding and passion for the game.
Rates per month, per child USD$100*
Monday-Wednesday, Tuesday-Thursday, or Wednesday-Friday
Hours: 4:00 -5:00 PM or 5:00 – 6:00 PM
At La Terraza del Tennis
Family discounts are available for siblings: 10% – 15% – 20%
Special tennis member rate also available
All rates are quoted in U.S. dollars and do not include taxes.
For more information please contact the Tennis Office:
- Phone: 809-523-3333, ext. 5940
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
BALL BOY PROGRAM
Founded in 1988, the Ball Boy Program offers the local children in La Romana the opportunity to get involved with the game of tennis. The program offers lessons, provides educational scholarships, and more.
Many of the program’s alumni have gone on to teach in tennis camps around the world. To get involved or for more information on the Foundation, please contact at email@example.com
GENERAL INFORMATION, RULES & PROCEDURES
- Pets and bicycles must be left outside the premises at all times
- Proper tennis attire is required (no jeans, no bathing suits, etc)
- Only non-marking tennis court type shoes are permitted. All marking, carbon-based running shoes and non-athletic type shoes are prohibited
CANCELLATIONS, NO-SHOWS & TARDINESS
- Four hours’ notice is required for any court or lesson cancellation, otherwise a 50% court fee will be charged
- We allow a 10-minute grace period for players running a little late. You may be required to relinquish your court if others are waiting
- Players must conclude play after their allotted time regardless of the status of the match if other plays are waiting
- Players wishing to play after their designated time may return to the reservation desk and reserve extra time
- Players who play longer than their designated times are on the honor system to return to the reservation desk to pay for the additional time once play has concluded
- All court reservations must be cancelled a minimum of four hours before the scheduled start time. Reservations not cancelled, or not used within the four hour time period are subject to 50% of the cost of the court rental
- Private lessons, regardless of the reason, must be cancelled a minimum of 24-hours before. Customers who cancel later will be responsible for 50% of the cost of the lesson
- La Terraza Tennis Center has a complete pro shop offering a full line of rackets and tennis accessories
- A hopper of used tennis balls for practice is available for $10/hour (subject to availability)
- Guests can sign up for social mixers to play against evenly matched players for singles or doubles matches. Hitting partners are available for $15/hour when there are no other guests available
NATIONAL TENNIS RATING PROGRAM
We encourage players of levels 3.0–5.5 to participate in our social mixers matches. In general the scale is:
You have limited experience and are working primarily on getting the ball in play.
You lack court experience and your strokes need developing but you are familiar with the basic positions for singles and doubles play.
You are learning to judge where the ball is going, although your court coverage is limited. You can sustain a short rally of slow pace with other players of the same ability.
You are fairly consistent when hitting medium-paced shots but are not comfortable with all strokes and lack execution when trying for directional control, depth, or power. Your most common doubles formation is one-up, one-back.
You have achieved improved stroke dependability with directional control on moderate shots, but need to develop depth and variety. You exhibit more aggressive net play, have improved court coverage, and are developing teamwork in doubles.
You have a dependable stroke, including directional control and depth on both forehand and backhand sides on moderate-paced shots. You can use lobs, overheads, approach shots, and volleys with some success and occasionally force errors when serving. Rallies may be lost due to impatience. Teamwork in doubles is evident.
You have developed your use of power and spin and can handle pace. You have sound footwork, can control depth of shots, and attempt to vary game play according to your opponents. You can hit first serves with power and accuracy and place the second serve. You tend to over hit on difficult shots. Aggressive net play is common in doubles.
You have good shot anticipation and frequently have an outstanding shot or attribute around which a game can be structured. You can regularly hit winners or force errors off of short balls and can put away volleys. You can successfully execute lobs, drop shots, half volleys, overhead smashes, and have good depth and spin on most second serves.
You have mastered power and/or consistency as a major weapon. You can vary strategies and styles of play in a competitive situation and hit dependable shots in a stressful situation.
6.0 to 7.0
You have had intensive training for national tournament competition at the junior and collegiate levels and have obtained a sectional and/or national ranking.
You are a world-class player.
|DOMINICAN RANKING||US RANKING|
ACTIVITY NO SHOW AND CANCELLATION POLICIES
(21 DEC – 3 JAN)
(4 JAN – 25 APR)
(26 APR – 20 DEC)
|Hotel guest||Reservation to be guaranteed by the credit card/voucher used for hotel booking||In the time of booking: 100% non-ref, doesn’t allow cancellation without cost (100% cxl fee) and doesn’t allow any modification||Allowing to cancel up to 24 hours prior the specific activity is confirmed, cancellation after it or no show will be charged at 100% cost. Modification after 24 hours is subject to availability.||No guarantee. The guest will be called 24 hours before to confirm the booking.|
|Villa owners||Reservation to be guaranteed by courtesy card, if the villa owner does not have the courtesy card, it needs to be guaranteed by the credit card (need to accept in written our conditions, to be charged: send an email with the policy to be signed by the customer and send back or come to the office).||Allowing to cancel up to 24 hours prior the activity is confirmed, cancellation after it or no show will be charged at 100% cost. The cancellation or no-show penalty will be charged only in the case that the specific area could not resell this slot *. Modification after 24 hours is subject to availability.|
|Outside guests||Reservation to be guaranteed by credit card (need to accept in written our conditions, otherwise cant be charged: send an email with the policy to be signed by the customer and send back or come to the office).||Allowing to cancel up to 24 hours prior the activity time confirmed, cancellation after it or no show will be charged at 100% cost. Modification after 24 hours is subject to availability.|