Covid-19 Relief Funds
For almost 50 years, Casa de Campo has been welcoming guests from around the globe to enjoy the warmth, services, and charm found only within our community here in the Dominican Republic. Now more than ever, we are focused on continuing our rich legacy in caring for our guests and associates alike during this challenging time. We want to reassure the entire travel industry that we are taking all necessary precautionary measures to ensure the health, safety, and well-being of our community.
Here at Casa de Campo we have a caring and committed team who are dedicated to the common goal of working together with all of our partners in managing this crisis and preparing for better times ahead. Our hearts and prayers go out to those who have been affected by this pandemic and we are thankful for all of the support of our clients and industry professionals. Now is the time for us to come together, address the tasks at hand, maintain open communication, practice compassion and stay the course.
We have initiated a FREE CANCELLATION policy on all new leisure bookings and will continue working with you and your clients in rebooking their stay with us. You can read the entire statement here.
COVID Relief Funds
In regards to COVID Relief Funds, Casa de Campo Resort & Villas and the Central Romana Corporation support two different and important foundations who for many years have been providing support and raising funds for these important social programs, with the help of other benefactors and individual contributions: Mir Charities and Patronato Benéfico Oriental – PBO.
The PBO and MIR Foundations in the Dominican Republic are working hard to support vulnerable communities affected by COVID-19. As the global pandemic continues to spread, economies and social support systems are under immense strain. These two charities located in the town of La Romana are acting quickly to mitigate the impact of the crisis on the most vulnerable families, many of whom have been impacted by the closure of schools and essential social services such as drop-in centers and lunch programs.
To continue to support the most vulnerable at this critical time, the organizations have launched donation platforms with the aim of sending a family basket to those who are part of the school program during the quarantine.
To help PBO and MIR continue this important work, please contribute on one of the following links:
The environment seems to change daily and the following is an update on what we are currently doing on property.
• The government in the Dominican Republic has declared a state of emergency and has closed all flights and cruise ships coming into and out of the country. Casa de Campo will be closed during this time frame and set to reopen on June 1st. 2020
• Holding remote daily briefings and updates with our internal teams as the coronavirus (COVID-19) situation evolves.
• We have canceled all scheduled events that involve crowds and large groups of people.
• Closed all activity outlets, golf, shooting center, equestrian center, tennis center, marina, retail shops, and restaurants.
• The majority of the other restaurants on property will be closed or open for Take Out orders only.
• Cleaning teams have been strengthened in all areas of increased traffic and of personnel use, including the additional installation of dispensers with antibacterial gel throughout the property.
• The common service areas, such as the gym, sports fields and other areas including the meeting rooms, bathrooms and restaurants have all been deep cleaned and sanitized, before closing completely.
• We have had HS Consulting for International Standards, one of the industry’s highest-level certifications, verify that our resort complies with and has best-in-class processes in place for quality and safety.
The corporation features a private hospital with the highest standards (and complete Diagnostics Center with MRI), The Central Romana Medical Center, and is less than 5-minutes away. The resort provides complimentary transfers when needed (non-emergency). We also have emergency 911 services: an ambulance that is permanently on site for emergency transfers if required. Casa de Campo guests receive priority attention, translation services and preferred assistance at our private, VIP medical center.
As always, the team at Casa de Campo remains vigilant and committed to offering the highest health and safety standards that our guests expect of us. With that in mind, we continue to welcome guests to our resort and will do everything we can to ensure they have an enjoyable stay.