The Perfect Week at CASA DE CAMPO® Resort & Villas
It’s true what they say, once you visit the award-winning Casa de Campo, you will want to return again and again. There is so much to see and do within the abundant private resort grounds, it is not easy to fit it all in, especially when a good dose of relaxation is what most vacationers are dreaming of. You need to find the right balance of a totally-switch-off relaxation, combined with enough fun-in-the-sun activities – to create incredible vacation memories that last a lifetime. So you feel rejuvenated from a restful vacation, but energized by all the new experiences you’ve had. Here’s a perfect 7-day trip itinerary for your stay at Casa de Campo curated by a team of Vacation Planning specialists. They have done the research for you, so all you need to do is turn up and enjoy.
Arrival Day – Get Your Bearings
With many international flights arriving early in the day into any of the three Dominican Republic airports, it is perfectly feasible to arrive in good time to enjoy a full day at the resort. Our staff are ready for you, with a warm welcome and complimentary sparkling wine at the front desk.
- Lunch: Start your vacation in style. Located near the main lobby area as you check in, La Caña bar & restaurant combines local ingredients with French-inspired fare with indoor and outdoor seating. EXPERT TIP: Ask for a table outside, where you can overlook the main pool area and enjoy the breeze.
- Daytime: Tour the Resort at your leisure, in your complimentary golf cart. Take it all in, there’s 7,000 acres to explore!
- Evening: Dine open-air in casual elegance at La Casita serving up superb Spanish seafood overlooking the yachts at the Marina. EXPERT TIP: Try the famous paella.
Day 2 – Golf & Pool Day
Breakfast: Visit Lago Restaurant, the resort’s open-air breakfast eatery. EXPERT TIP: The banana bread and green juice are a must.
- Morning: Enjoy a round on one of the resorts three golf courses – Teeth of the Dog – it’s the #1 golf course in the Caribbean. This is Pete Dye’s signature course with 18 jaw-droppingly-beautiful holes – and needs to be on every golfer’s bucket list.
- Lunch: Enjoy lunch at the 19th Hole overlooking the course and the Caribbean Sea. EXPERT TIP: We recommend the build-your-own sandwich bar.
- Afternoon: Relax at Hotel’s main area Pool and Swim-up Bar, with towel and butler service and complimentary Sun Bum® sunscreen.
- Evening: Enjoy the impressively creative menu at Minitas Beach Club and Restaurant and immerse yourself in the tropical setting with unquestionably one of the best sunsets on the island. EXPERT TIP: Try the house cocktails at the ocean-view bar.
Day 3 – Time for Culture. Then…tennis anyone?
- Breakfast: At Lago Restaurant, watch the sunrise while enjoying fresh pastries, omelets and local garnishes.
- Morning: Visit Altos de Chavón, a place like no other—a replica 16th century Mediterranean village with sweeping views of the Chavón River and the Caribbean Sea. Stroll the art schools, archaeological museum, cigar factory, church, 5,000-seat amphitheater, and the numerous quaint shops and galleries. EXPERT TIP: Wear flat shoes – you will want to be comfortable! And for something different, take a scheduled pottery class at the workshop.
- Lunch: You don’t need to go far to enjoy the Dye Fore Bar featuring a romantic balcony and an inviting pool. EXPERT TIP: The terrace is the perfect place for a cold beverage.
- Afternoon: Enjoy a game of tennis. The resort features the largest Tennis Center in the Caribbean with 13 courts for you to enjoy a set. EXPERT TIP: To get the most out of this experience, book a lesson with one of the 25 pros.
- Evening – Indulge yourself at the exquisite SBG restaurant, an elegant setting with an exquisite international menu with a Mediterranean flair. EXPERT TIP: Ask to dine by the pool for an extra chic vibe.
Day 4– Skeet Shooting & Beach Day
- Breakfast: Enjoy the tropical ambiance of Lago Restaurant with spectacular views of the world famous Teeth of the Dog golf course and the Caribbean Sea.
- Morning: Venture to the onsite 245 acre Shooting Centre, considered one of the best in the world. With over 200 stations for trap, skeet and sporting clays and pigeon rings. EXPERT TIP: Enjoy a lesson with a professional instructor and go home having learnt a new skill!
- Lunch: Head to the Food Trucks at Minitas Beach. These are a favorite among guests that enjoy the poolside variety of flatbreads, pizzas and street foods in a casual, yet elegant setting. EXPERT TIP: Squeeze Juice bar is an awesome spot for some tropical cool juices and ice-cream.
- Afternoon: Take time to relax at the private unspoiled haven, Minitas Beach Club. The picture-perfect adults-only infinity pool overlooks the Caribbean Sea, and there are two more pools including one with a child-friendly shallow area. The exquisite postcard-like beach is ideal for soaking up the sun or snorkeling, kayaking, paddle boating, and much more. EXPERT TIP: The Pina Colada at Coco Mar on the beach is their signature drink – not to be missed.
- Evening: Enjoy the majesty of Altos de Chavon at night, and big, bold Mexican flavors at the fun and contemporary Chilango Taqueria. And if cocktails, music and dancing is your thing Genesis Nightclub is nearby, a favorite for locals and tourists, and is not to be missed!
Day 5 – Time for an Excursion
- Breakfast: Order Room Service and grab an early bite in the comfort of your own room, while getting ready for the full day of fun and adventure ahead.
- Daytime: Take an Excursion – there are so many exciting options to choose from. From dune-buggying, zip-lining or a cave tour. EXPERT TIP: We recommend the Catalina Island Day Trip – take a catamaran to the tropical island and spend the day relaxing on spacious sundecks or dancing to a merengue beat.
- Evening: Attend a Night Golf Party! Yes, there is such a thing. Hit multi-color LED golf balls towards brightly-lit targets placed all over the driving range. With music, drinks, and a fun BBQ, the animation team will ensure you have a unique and entertaining experience. EXPERT TIP: Take part in the chipping and putting contests for your chance to win a prize.
Day 6 – A Day at Sea.
- Breakfast: By now the waiter’s know you by name at Lago Restaurant and will have your breakfast favorites ready or can recommend something new.
- Daytime: Visit the most complete and prestigious Marina in the Dominican Republic and from there explore the ocean waves by a sailboat, catamaran, or charter boat. Dive and snorkel the dazzling underwater, go sports-fishing for the ultimate blue marlin, or visit the scattered islands filled with native wildlife. EXPERT TIP: Plan in advance to secure your ideal trip.
- Evening: A trip to Casa de Campo is not complete without a dinner at La Piazzetta in Altos de Chavón. This is the resort’s original restaurant designed by Oscar de la Renta, and offers a delightful selection of Italian classic and signature dishes. EXPERT TIP: The delicious fresh pastas are handmade.
Day 7 – Horseback Trails & Spa Day
- Breakfast: Make the very most of your last full day in paradise and start the day right. Take a golf cart ride to Minitas Beach Club and Restaurant for delectable breakfast fare in a true Caribbean setting with ocean breezes and the sounds of the nearby waves lapping the shoreline. EXPERT TIP: Minitas serves breakfast on weekends only.
- Morning: Now it’s time to visit the extensive Equestrian Center considered among the best in the Caribbean. If you’ve never saddled-up before, our expert staff is on hand for lessons or to take you on a memorable horse-back trail ride through the beautiful Casa de Campo resort and surrounding area. EXPERT TIP: Be sure to wear comfortable clothing and closed-toe shoes.
- Lunch: For truly elegant living and dining, villa guests can have their own private chef cook and prepare a delectable lunch in the comfort of their own home-away-from-home, served in the dining area or on a shaded patio by your private pool. EXPERT TIP: Be sure to book your chef 24 hrs in advance.
- Afternoon: We all want to return home after a vacation feeling our best. Spend your last afternoon relaxing and rejuvenating at The Spa with Ayurvedic techniques and local organic ingredients to detoxify, regenerate, and renew.
- Evening: Where better to spend your final evening in the Caribbean, than at Pubbelly Sushi – in a neighborhood style atmosphere, serving a fresh spin on sushi. It’s the perfect place to discover a new cocktail or enjoy a great family-style meal with the new friends you have made throughout your stay.
- Breakfast: Good friends never say goodbye, they simply say “See you soon”. The staff at Lago Restaurant will have enjoyed serving you throughout your stay, and will want to wish you a safe trip home over an enjoyable breakfast – in what will surely be by now, one of your favorite spots!
Let us help you plan your perfect trip to Casa de Campo Resort & Villas. Contact the Vacation Planning department at 855-877-3643 or email@example.com, who will be happy to help plan every aspect of your upcoming stay.