Top 10 Reasons to Plan a Dominican Republic Golf Vacation
A golf vacation can be one of the best ways to spend your precious time off. It was tough, but we managed to narrow our list of reasons to golf in the Dominican Republic down to just ten. Read on to find out why a golf vacation at Casa de Campo might be just what you’ve been looking for.
1. The Weather: It’s impossible to talk about any sort of vacation in the Dominican Republic without starting with the weather. Wherever home is for you, you might be used to an all-too-short golf season that barely allows you to lace up your shoes before the first frost hits again. When you plan a golf vacation at Casa de Campo, the season lasts as long as your vacation.
2. Our Courses: You probably think of beaches and afternoons by the pool when you think about the Dominican Republic, and we certainly have some of the world’s best beaches and pools, but we’re just as proud of our golf courses. At Casa de Campo, we have three championship courses designed by golf legend Pete Dye. Each course will test your skills in a different way, and our crown jewel, Teeth of the Dog, is the #1 course in the Caribbean. With so many holes right on the water’s edge, you’ll be surrounded by the full beauty of Casa de Campo. The Dye Fore’s cliffside layout, along with two of the greatest par three holes you’ll ever play, will delight players of all skill levels. The Links course brings a slice of British style reminiscent of a classic links course.
3. Pete Dye: While we’re on the subject, let’s talk about Pete Dye. Since his childhood, he’s worked on golf courses, and became a successful amateur golfer. In the 1960s, he began designing golf courses, starting with the nine-hole “El Dorado” near Indianapolis. In 1964, he designed his first well-known course, the Crooked Stick Golf Club, in Carmel, Indiana. Throughout his career, he built his name on challenging greens (like the famous “Island Green” at TPC at Sawgrass), deep bunkers, and other signature elements. At Casa de Campo, he designed all three of our championship courses, including the #1 course in the Caribbean, Teeth of the Dog.
4. Group Activities: One of the best parts of a golf vacation is that it makes planning a simple pleasure. You know what you’re going to do, and you know how you’d like to spend your days. That’s why it’s one of the best ways to plan a group vacation. Whether it’s couples, a group of friends, add company groups/incentives or a family getaway, a golf vacation takes all the stress out of planning. What will the golfers do? Golf! What will the non-golfers do? Whatever they want. Maybe a morning at the Spa, or sleeping in followed by a late breakfast. Perhaps a day spent at the beach, or exploring Altos de Chavon. The possibilities are endless!
5. Destination Weddings: A destination wedding at Casa de Campo is the best way to say, “I do.” Encourage your guests to fully appreciate their surroundings with a day of golf while they’re on vacation. Planning a few rounds for your guests and wedding party can bring your friends and family together to bond and have some fun. As a pre-wedding ice breaker, or a post-wedding wind down, golf at Casa de Campo will take your destination wedding to the next level!
6. Couples Getaway: We know that golf isn’t “a good walk spoiled” (despite what Mark Twain may have said), it’s actually a great way to get some exercise and relax while you’re appreciating the beauty of the Dominican Republic. For your couples getaway, consider adding a round of golf to your list of must-dos. Some friendly competition can spice up your vacation!
7. Photo Ops: What can we say? One of the best reasons to vacation is the photos! A round of golf at Casa de Campo will provide you with enough picture-perfect moments to fill your Instagram account. Just take a look at the photos below if you’re not convinced.
8. Vacation Exercise: For those of us who like to stay active even while on holiday, it can sometimes be a challenge to find vacation activities that also work off a few calories. A round of golf is as strenuous or relaxing as you want it to be. If you are looking for something more strenuous, walk the course and carry your bags with you. If you would like a more relaxing experience, hop in a golf cart and enjoy the scenery as you cruise between holes.
9. Endless Activities: Of course, one of the best reasons to golf in the Dominican Republic is that you’re in the Dominican Republic! At Casa de Campo, we have activities and events for everyone in your party, so golfers and non-golfers alike can enjoy a fun and relaxing vacation on and off the course. Play some tennis, check out our spa and dining options, and our list of activities and excursions. A golf vacation at Casa de Campo can have as much or as little golf as you want!
10. Easy Planning: Finally, the best reason to have a golf vacation at Casa de Campo is because we make it easy. Get your friends or family together and tell them you want to plan a golf getaway and then get in touch with us at www.casadecampo.com.co/groups or www.casadecampo.com.do/golf and we’ll help you plan the perfect golf vacation.
And don’t forget to check out all our accommodations and packages, including our villas, which are perfect for golf groups!