Flavors of the World Mexico
Directly from the famous Alcalde Restaurant, #36 Latin America’s 50 Best Restaurants
Join us in another multi-stop culinary journey, on this occasion starting at the magical city of Guadalajara, Mexico. The leader of this adventure is Francisco Ruano, a chef whose attachment to traditional Mexican preparations has made him an important ambassador of this cuisine at important forums, congresses and diplomatic events around the world.
After finishing culinary studies in Mexico and Spain, Ruano worked at esteemed restaurants Mugaritz (Basque Country), El Celler de Can Roca (Catalonia) and Noma (Denmark), where he was influenced by the importance of fresh products and down-to-earth presentations. His simple, ‘frank’ way of cooking is the main pillar of Alcalde Restaurant, which entered the 2017 Latin America’s 50 Best Restaurants list at #36, earning the Highest New Entry honor. HIs most recent gastronomic project, TRASFONDA, elevates Ruano’s childhood flavors at new heights.
Also, MasterCard cardholders enjoy a 15% discount on purchases made during any of the “Flavors of the World – A Gastronomic Journey to Mexico” events at La Piazzetta and the menu created for the event (*).
At Flavors of the World, Paco promises to fascinate our taste buds and pique our interest through rich and genuine flavors, traditional textures, and superior quality standards. Culinary events will take place from May 11th to 13th at La Piazzetta Ristorante in Altos de Chavón:
- Events will take place May 11 to 13, at La Piazzetta Ristorante, Altos de Chavon:
- May 11 and 12: Chef’s tasting menu dinner
- May 13: Sunday Brunch
Book our Flavors of the World package, with rates starting from $299 for two people, including accommodation, for two nights, one chef’s tasting menu dinner, daily breakfast and more.
- Superb guestroom accommodations, with private balcony or terrace
- Daily breakfast at Lago Restaurant or room service (plus additional delivery charge)
- 4-passenger golf cart for use throughout your stay
- One chef’s tasting menu dinner entrance
- Unlimited use of the Fitness Center
- Two tickets for Genesis Nightclub